- Food & Drink
- Design & Culture
- Cars, Jets & Yachts
By webadmin | September 2 2012
London, England – Reported by Elite Traveler, the private jet lifestyle magazine
The new fashion season cocktail menu celebrates the five gifted designers who have been shortlisted for the 2012 Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize. The cocktail menu will be available during the upcoming fashion season in Europe from September 6 to October 3, 2012 at 45 Park Lane in London, Hotel Principe di Savoia in Milan, Le Meurice and Hôtel Plaza Athénée in Paris, and Le Richemond in Geneva.
To create cocktails which exemplify the spirit of the designers’ work and Dorchester Collection’s iconic hotels, the 2012 shortlisted designers collaborated with Dorchester Collection Bar Directors and Managers to produce a limited edition Fashion Prize cocktail menu:
• Inspired by Calla Haynes’ colorful collection, Daniele Confalonieri of Hotel Principe di Savoia mixed the ‘Milanese Calla-pirinha’ – an orange-hued cocktail with a cinnamon stick, a sprinkle of saffron, white crushed ice and limes to add a touch of green. Price €20 (approximately $25)
• After seeing the experimental design style of IRM Design, Bar Manager Thierry Hernandez of Hôtel Plaza Athénée conceived ‘IRM Cocktail’ composed of three shots of rum, sake and vodka, presented with three different pipettes containing iris (I), rose (R), and mint (M) essences. With the simplicity of the alcoholic base, the pipettes add color to mirror the running paint effect used by IRM Design. Price €26 (approximately $32)
• Annelie Augustin and Odély Teboul joined forces with Stefano Cossio of Bar 45 at 45 Park Lane to create ‘Black Velvet,’ a tequila-based cocktail with blackberries, thyme honey, crème de cassis and lime juice, indicative of the designers’ sophisticated and dark designs. Price £16 (approximately $25)
• With a collection evoking the famous prohibition era of the 1920s, designer Quentin Veron paired up with Le Richemond’s bar team to devise ‘Black Southside.’ This gin based cocktail with blackberries and cherry syrup will take guests back to the early 20th century speakeasy clubs of North America. Price 26CHF (approximately $27)
• Emphasizing the recurrence of black within their electrifying collection, Les Garcons’s Louis Gerin and Gregory Lamaud collaborated with Le Meurice’s William Oliveri and created ‘Nuit Noire,’ a blueberry vodka based drink with blackberry liqueur. Price €26 (approximately $32)
The esteemed judging panel for the 2012 Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize includes: Elizabeth Saltzman, contributing editor to Vanity Fair; Kenzo Takada, founder of Kenzo; Bruno Frisoni, artistic director for luxury French shoe designer Roger Vivier; Lorenz Baumer, designer of Louis Vuitton jewelry; Alexandra Golovanoff, French journalist and TV host; Nathalie Rykiel, CEO of Sonia Rykiel; Chantal Thomass, CEO of Chantal Thomass lingerie; Harumi Klossowska de Rola, jewelry designer and daughter of painter Balthus; and Jean-Jacques Picart, fashion and luxury consultant.
On October 16, the winner of the 2012 Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize will be awarded a prize of €30,000 plus a stay during spring Fashion Week 2013 at a Dorchester Collection property in either Paris or Milan.