- Food & Drink
- Design & Culture
- Cars, Jets & Yachts
By webadmin | October 22 2010
New York, New York – Reported by Elite Traveler, the Private Jet Lifestyle Magazine,
The Cayman Islands is proud to host the third annual Cayman Cookout, to take place January 13 – 16, 2011. This epicurean weekend will once again be hosted by celebrity Chef Eric Ripert, creator of acclaimed Grand Cayman restaurant, Blue. Brought to you by the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, and Food & Wine magazine, Cayman Cookout gives guests from across the globe the opportunity to indulge in unparalleled cuisine prepared by some of the world’s top chefs in the most intimate of settings.
Guests will enjoy four days of mouth-watering indulgence and personal encounters with participating world-class chefs and sommeliers amidst the blissful surroundings of the Cayman Islands. Eric Ripert, together with culinary masters Anthony Bourdain, José Andrés, Rachel Allen, Susur Lee, Michael Schwartz, Charlie Trotter, Food & Wine magazine’s Gail Simmons, and wine and spirits experts Ray Isle, Anthony Giglio, Denis Cakebread, and Bo Barrett will take visitors on a delectable journey all over Grand Cayman with demonstrations, tastings, and excursions.
An unparalleled experience for foodies and travelers, Cayman Cookout will allow visitors to absorb up close and delight in the extensive culinary knowledge exhibited by the world’s most talented chefs and sommeliers. Some of Cayman Cookout’s memorable events will include:
– A gourmet picnic at Starfish Point with charming host, Eric Ripert.
– Chef José Andrés cooking up a Spanish fiesta on Seven Mile Beach.
– A behind-the-scenes gossip session with Top Chef judge Gail Simmons and Top Chef finalist and Eric Ripert protégé Jennifer Carroll as she unpacks her knives to recreate her winning dish.
– A casual Caymanian cocktail party in a giant sandcastle.
– A candy-themed evening of opulent sweets, tantalizing pastries, and drinkable desserts.
– Anthony Bourdain taking over the kitchen at Periwinkle, Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman.
– Michael Schwartz hosting guests at his acclaimed restaurant, Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink.
– An extraordinary Cayman Cookout Gala Dinner, the highlight of the weekend – a seven course meal prepared by Chefs Ripert, Allen, Andrés, Lee, Schwartz, and Trotter.
– A champagne brunch cook-off in search of the ultimate local chef.
Additional events will be held throughout the weekend and will include a mid-afternoon tasting of South African All Stars wines; a mixology lesson with Anthony Giglio; dinner with Susur Lee; and more.