WHEN BEST TO GO
Miami has a tropical climate, and it’s possible to enjoy a vacation here any time of the year.
The cooler winter months are the most pleasant, from December until April, when temperatures average around 24°C during the day and 16°C at night. The summer months tend to be much hotter, averaging around 30°C in the day and 24°C at night. It’s always best to have a raincoat to hand, especially during the summer months, when afternoon thunderstorms are a regular occurrence.
LOCAL CUSTOMS/ ATTIRE
Generally the dress code in Miami is fairly laid back. During the day swimwear is the standard choice for Miamians heading to the beach. It’s worth remembering to apply sun cream during the day if you do plan on showing a little flesh. In the evenings, locals like to dress up, and many clubs and restaurants may enforce a strict door policy; if you are unsure, it’s best to dress smart. The local customs are typical of any Western city, and Miami is host to a wide variety of religions and cultures.
English and Spanish
US dollars ($)
£1 = USD 1.60
€1 = USD 1.36
COUNTRY DIALLING CODE
24 HOUR EMERGENCY CONTACT
Fire: 911 Police: 911
UK +1 305 374 3500
GMT -5 hours
Shops open from 9am – 6pm weekdays and Saturdays. Friday is the day of rest when many businesses close.
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- Third Monday in January – Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday
- Third Monday in February – President’s Day
- Last Monday in May – Memorial Day
- July 4 – Independence Day
- First Monday in September – Labor Day
- Second Monday in October – Columbus Day
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- Fourth Thursday in November – Thanksgiving
- December 25 – Christmas Day