- Food & Drink
- Design & Culture
- Cars, Jets & Yachts
By webadmin | August 11 2010
Hong Kong – Reported by Elite Traveler, the Private Jet Lifestyle Magazine
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is an icon in the world of luxury hotels, offering 21st century hospitality with a genuine sense of tradition. Dedicated to discreet luxury and known for its legendary service, the hotel has always been a favorite destination for honeymooners since it opened in 1963. To mark the launch of its new Honeymoon Package, which includes luxurious accommodation, romantic dining and spa treatments, the quintessential Hong Kong hotel has also published a Lucky Eight Photography Guide as a special gift for all honeymooners. “No one knows the secrets of this city as well as Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong,” says General Manager Jonas A. Schuermann. “We’ve been in the heart of Hong Kong for almost half a century and have extensive experience in advising visitors the best places to take the perfect picture. Eight is considered a lucky number in Hong Kong, and we are delighted to share our favorite ‘lucky eight’ places that honeymooners should visit to create the ultimate photo album of their holiday.”
Available in print or as an electronic version, and published in both English and simplified Chinese, the guide includes tourist favorites such as the Man Mo temple, as well as locations that are likely to be little known even to regular visitors to the city. Places such as the Hong Kong Wetlands Park in the New Territories district of the city is included in the list which offers photographers unexpected areas of greenery and natural beauty. The hotel can arrange transportation and a picnic for guests who wish to visit some of the more remote locations. In addition to the guide, guests booking the Honeymoon Package directly with the hotel can enjoy the following additional benefits:
• Room rate of USD $885 for a Harbour Room or USD $1,400 for an Oriental Suite per night, with a minimum two-night stay.
• Complimentary champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries in-room.
• Romantic dinner for two at Michelin-starred Pierre restaurant.
• Two-hour spa treatment for two in the Mandarin Spa’s couple’s suite.
• Complimentary champagne breakfast in-room on the first morning and an extensive breakfast for two in either Clipper Lounge or Café Causette on the second morning.