- Food & Drink
- Design & Culture
- Cars, Jets & Yachts
By webadmin | October 17 2011
Hong Kong, China – Reported by Elite Traveler, the private jet lifestyle magazine
Internationally acclaimed as one of the world’s top hotels for business and leisure, InterContinental Hong Kong proudly celebrates its 10th anniversary since rebranding as the Asia Pacific flagship for IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) in 2001. The hotel, located on the edge of Victoria Harbour with spectacular views of Hong Kong Island, is celebrated for its world class restaurants, luxurious contemporary accommodations and impeccable service. In commemoration of a successful decade filled with innovations and enhancements, including the creation of Hong Kong’s largest and most spectacular Presidential Suite and the introduction of two celebrity chef restaurants, the hotel presents its “Top 10 List of InterContinental Hong Kong Experiences.”
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, InterContinental Hong Kong is holding a contest in association with the exclusive online travel club, Indagare and Gourmet Live, which marks its 1st anniversary this month. One lucky winner who successfully shares his/her favorite anniversary or birthday food and wine memory can win a luxurious trip to Hong Kong, inclusive of a five-night stay at InterContinental Hong Kong in one of its signature suites, round-trip air tickets for two people on Cathay Pacific Airways, and a chance to enjoy the hotel’s “Top 10 Experiences”.
InterContinental Hong Kong’s “Top 10 Experiences”
1. Enjoy the view from your harbor view suite as you experience Hong Kong from the hotel’s extraordinary vantage point.
InterContinental Hong Kong was named “The Best View in the World” by the Virtuoso LuxeReport. For the ultimate indulgence, reserve one of the hotel’s three specialty suites – each with a private terrace and Jacuzzi overlooking Victoria Harbour. InterContinental Hong Kong’s Presidential Suite, at 7,000 square feet, inclusive of a 2,500 square foot terrace with a rooftop infinity swimming pool with breathtaking panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island, is the largest suite in Hong Kong and one of the most spectacular in Asia. The CEO Suite and Terrace Suite also have fabulous terraces with Jacuzzis overlooking the harbor.
2. Enjoy dramatic dining at the hotel’s world-class restaurants.
As the only venue in Hong Kong to have two celebrity chef restaurants under one roof, InterContinental Hong Kong offers you a choice of SPOON by Alain Ducasse, recipient of a Michelin star in the 2011 Michelin Guide to Hong Kong & Macau, and NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong, with its stylish David Rockwell designed interior.
3. Sip Nine Dragon Cocktails in the Lobby Lounge.
The signature cocktail is best enjoyed at sunset while taking in the stunning golden hues of twilight on Victoria Harbour or during the nightly “Symphony of Lights” show on the harbor, commemorate the Legend of the Nine Dragons of Kowloon.
4. Join an early morning tai chi class.
Experience Chinese spirituality and learn the philosophy and principles of tai chi with a complimentary early morning class at the hotel’s Pool Terrace overlooking Victoria Harbour. Tai chi Master William Ng will show you the graceful and meaningful moves which will help calm your mind, rejuvenate your body and balance your yin and yang.
5. Reserve a custom crafted insider experience.
From a visit to the local market with one of the InterContinental Hong Kong’s acclaimed chefs or an evening harbor cruise on one of the city’s last remaining junk boats, let Chief Concierge Louis Baleros and his team can arrange a variety of customized, authentic “Insider Experiences” for you.
6. Learn to make dim sum with Yan Toh Heen Executive Chef Lau Yiu Fai.
Learn the basics of dim sum making with Chef Lau Yiu Fai, executive chef at the Michelin-starred Yan Toh Heen, acclaimed as one of Asia’s finest Cantonese restaurants. Try your hand at making local favorites such as siu mei (minced scallop & shrimp dumplings) and har gau (steamed shrimp dumplings), and receive a list of ingredients along with the traditional recipes, which you can then try at home with friends and family.
7. Enjoy the exclusive facilities and services of Club InterContinental — your private haven for conducting business or just relaxing. Access is inclusive of a lavish buffet breakfast, afternoon tea, evening cocktails, complimentary high-speed internet access and personalized concierge services.
8. Balance your Yin & Yang with an Oriental Healing Ritual at I-Spa.
The feng shui inspired I-Spa is a retreat based on the principle of inner and outer harmony with body and facial treatments to relax, rejuvenate and rebalance your entire being. Be pampered in a luxurious private suite, clad in polished green granite from floor-to-ceiling, each featuring a sauna, steam-shower, Jacuzzi and massage facilities.
9. Take a dip in the hotel’s iconic three-temperature infinity spa pools overlooking Victoria Harbour. Additionally, the Asian-inspired Pool Terrace features one of Hong Kong’s largest outdoor swimming pools. There is also a teak-decked dining pavilion surrounded by lily ponds and a fountain.
10. Arrive and depart in style in the hotel’s Bentley limousine. The hotel also has two chauffeured Phantom VI Rolls Royces and a fleet of Mercedes limousines.