By Vivian Kelly
Great hair comes with great tools. So whether you’re a professional hair stylist or a discerning hair enthusiast we know how it feels when it comes to using a hair dryer that’s slow, noisy and often harmful to our hair – even more so when we’re on-the-go.
In-room hair dryers offered at hotels just don’t cut it when it comes to quality and beauty. And while bringing your own seems like a good idea, packing a luggage with large, bulky appliances is the last thing we want to worry about when it comes to precious suitcase space.
But fear not; reliability, power and stunning styles are not far from reach when embarking on your business trip or family vacation. Our solution? A travel hair dryer.
Elite Traveler has searched high and low to find you the best travel hair dryers on the market. From ionic technology, balanced airflow and acoustic minimizers, these super-light and powerful travel hair dryers all have something to offer your luscious locks.
Here are our top picks…
T3, Featherweight Compact Hairdryer, $151/£125
Don’t compromise on the power of your full-sized hair dryer. T3 has the same ‘featherweight compact hair dryer’ features as its full-sized sister with both Tourmaline and SoftAire technology in a convenient travel-sized form.
Its foldable design means the travel dryer couldn’t be easier to pack. Many of today’s hair dryers use harsh wind flows, causing damage to hair, but with T3’s specially engineered fan it generates ion-enriched air reducing static, sealing cuticles and leaving hair beautiful and shiny.
What’s more, it’s Cool Shot technology locks in moisture keeping hair in optimum condition and with endlessly glossy locks.
- T3 Featherweight Compact Hair Dryer
- Tourmaline technology directs ion-enriched air for precise drying
- Negative ions prevent static and frizz
- SoftAire airflow design to reduce frizz and enhance shine
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- Foldable handle and compact size is ideal for travelling
- Two heat and speed settings
- Cool shot button for a sleek finish
- Suitable for all hair types and textures
- Quiet and powerful
- 7 metre cord
GHD, Ultimate Travel Gift Set, $220/£180
GHD’s Flight Travel Hair dryer is by far one of the best on the market. What we love about it most is that it ticks all the boxes. It’s light, compact and powerful. Everything you need in a great travel companion.
The travel gift set also comes with a GHD Platinum, the brand’s most coveted styler. Tri-zone Technology means it maintains a ‘safe’ hair heat at all times and is distributed evening across the plate. This guarantees your hair gets the best style out of your hair tool without compromising the health of your hair.
- GHD Ultimate Travel Gift Set
- Heat-resistant plate guard
- ghd flight travel hair dryer
- Co-ordinating dust-bag
Parlux 3200 Compact Hair Dryer – Pink, $85/£70
The Parlux 3200 Compact Hair Dryer is one of the best professional hair dryers on-the-go. Its K-Lamination motor means it’s lighter, more durable and more powerful than ever before.
Its AC motor omits an airflow of 69 cubic meters per hour, which Parlux claims to be the most powerful professional hair dryer in the world. Weighing in at 490 grams and spanning only a tiny 20cm, this product is the perfect tool to throw into your carry-on bag without the worry of dwindling space.
So well designed, you’ll forget you’re using a compact hair dryer.
- 1900 Watts professional K Lamination motor, airflow 69 cubic metres per hour
- Designed for professional stylists to meet the demand of today’s hairstyles
- 4 Temperatures, 2 speeds and 2 switches located at the most rational position
- 1 Instant cold shot button for the perfect setting of the hair
- Equipped with 2 professional concentrator nozzles