Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco has announced a new Toast to Luxury package, which offers wine connoisseurs the perfect city break – a two-night stay in San Francisco and a chauffeured service to a choice of wine, gin, and beer tastings.
Guests can choose to explore the finest vineyards of Sonoma County or Napa Valley, or choose to imbibe in a variety of the Bay Area’s finest drinks as selected by the hotel’s in-house expert Wine Director, Ms. Nicole Kosta.
The package, which can be personalized, provides each guest with luxurious accommodations at Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco, including daily breakfast for two in the comfort of a guest room or in the signature restaurant, Brasserie S&P.
Chauffeur services from Encore Livery will whisk guests to their selected destinations for a full day of discovery and tastings.
The Toast to Luxury package starts at $1525 and consists of:
- A two-night stay in a luxurious guestroom
- Daily breakfast for two
- Eight hours of chauffeur services provided by Encore Livery
- A choice of tastings in Sonoma County, Napa Valley, or in the Bay Area as pre-selected by Wine Director Nicole Kosta at an additional cost
Guests can enjoy a trip to the world-class Sonoma wine region, which includes:
- A morning walk in the organic gardens of Medlock Ames Winery along the olive orchard to the vineyards of the Alexander Valley’s most beautiful estate to a seated tasting of five wines
- Savor Bordeaux-style Capture Wines in a flight tailored to the guests’ palates and cellar needs at the owner’s historic Victorian home
- A fun and educational tour of Red Car Winery production facility and cellar with tastes including limited production reserve wines of cool-climate Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Syrah
Trip to Napa Valley
Alternatively, guests can also select a trip to Napa Valley, one of the world’s premier wine regions. The package includes a private tasting and tour at the historic Ehlers Estate Winery in the heart of the St. Helena Appellation where guests can taste the signature Cabernet Sauvignon 1886 and other highlights from their portfolio elegantly paired with local artisan chocolate truffles.
In addition, guests can enjoy a classic experience at ZD Wines of several current vintage and reserve wines with a private guided tour through the cellar and an exclusive sampling of soon to be released wine maturing in the barrel. Each visit includes a tasting at the private patio garden with artisan cheese selections and an opportunity to taste rare wines from ZD’s extensive collection.
Guests will also have a choice between an elegant art gallery tour or an educational vineyard tour at Hess Collection, tucked at the base of Mount Veeder, to taste premium wines perfectly paired with house made artisan charcuterie collection.
Bay Area journey
For a unique opportunity to hold three distinct glasses in one day, guests can choose to take the Bay Area journey. The package includes:
- A “Beer for Breakfast” tasting of six local beers on tap with Brasserie S&P’s sommeliers paired with breakfast favorites prepared by Executive Chef Adam Mali.
- A guided tasting tour of St. George Spirits Artisan Distillers located in Alameda to help guests learn how to approach and appreciate spirits. Guests can see exactly what goes into crafting the spirits. Each tasting includes a selection of artisanal gins, whiskey, bourbon, vodka, absinthe, rum, brandies, and liqueurs – all made onsite.
- A private tour with winemaker John Fones of the facilities and cellars of San Francisco’s Cellars 33 Winery
Toast to Luxury package is valid now through September 2, 2013, must be booked 72 hours in advance, and tastings cannot be substituted. For reservations and further details, please contact the hotel at +1 800 622 0404, or visit Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s online reservation service at www.mandarinoriental.com/sanfrancisco