With the Aspen Snowmass glamorous ski season right around the corner, The Residences Viceroy Snowmass has the “double diamond” expert tips on where the jet set and business moguls will heat up their winter. Residence Concierge Kira Smith offers insider secrets to where she sends residents of the luxury ski-in/ski-out condo-hotel when they crave only the best.
- Dine: Refuel after a day on the slopes with Smith’s curated culinary guide to Aspen Snowmass, one of the country’s premier dining scenes. At the top of the list is Cache Cache, an Aspen institution where getting a reservation is as lucky as trying its delectable food. For celebrity spotting, head to Caribou Club, or eat high above Aspen at Cloud 9, where dining often turns to table-top dancing. For staying close to home, Smith recommends Viceroy Snowmass’s acclaimed NEST Public House, where visiting the slope side, gastro-pub is best between 1pm-3pm for a après scene filled with bubbly and bites.
- Hidden Gems: According to Smith, even the most frequent visitors of Aspen Snowmass have yet to experience Pine Creek Cookhouse with views of 14,000-foot peaks. As a day trip, Smith advises renting snowmobiles to ride with friends and family to the tucked away dining destination nestled in a virgin Aspen grove at the base of Elk Mountain. Staying close to home, every Friday night Dec. 20 – Mar. 28, Ullr Nights transforms Snowmass’ Elk Camp into a winter wonderland perfect for families to “light up the night.”
- Shopping: Defining Aspen style for more than 35 years, Smith says Pitkin County Dry Goods is a must for contemporary clothing, while Performance Ski is ideal for gearing up to hit the mountain with top winter wear. Visit O2 Aspen, a chic fashion emporium for hard to find brands, or Boogies for the best denim in town. The privileged few can shop the likes of Prada, Louis Vuitton, Fendi and Loro Piana, among others, all within walking distance in the town of Aspen, while window gazers can marvel at impeccably-decorated displays.
- Pamper: After an adventure-filled afternoon, treat sore muscles with a signature experience at the Viceroy Snowmass’ renowned Wellness Spa. For the ultimate in relaxation, Smith recommends the Path to Tranquility Massage followed by the spa’s famed Moroccan Oil Scalp Treatment.
- Pets: Don’t forget about the canines! Smith says The Residences Viceroy Snowmass rolls out the red carpets for pooches during ski season with deluxe accommodations, including a welcome basket with signature treats, a branded Viceroy Snowmass leash and bandana, food and water bowl, doggie bed and an expertly-prepared menu just for man’s best friend.
(Source: The Residences Viceroy Snowmass)