Located within Mexico’s most exclusive beach community along the shores of Riviera Nayarit, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, in conjunction with Punta Mita Expeditions, Punta Mita Resorts, and the Riviera Nayarit Convention & Visitors Bureau, is ready to welcome the personalities and guests to the third annual Punta Mita Beach Festival.
Taking place July 9-12, 2015, the celebratory summer event takes full advantage of the renowned beachfront resort’s unparalleled destination. This entertaining weekend promises to be one to remember, with activities ranging from surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, stand up paddle boarding, and yoga to sandcastle building for the kids and unparalleled culinary offerings featuring the freshest delicacies of the ocean.
“The Punta Mita Beach Festival is the ultimate escape for guests to enjoy pure barefoot luxury in one the world’s most alluring beachfront locations,” said Carl Emberson, general manager of The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. “This all-encompassing destination event involves world-class partners for experiences that appeal to all types of guests, from couples to families. Featuring one-of-a-kind recreational, wellness, and culinary experiences, the third annual Punta Mita Beach Festival will remain a truly bespoke occasion unlike any other.”
The Punta Mita Beach Festival 2015 begins on Thursday, July 9th with a festive opening cocktail at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort’s Altamira Lobby affording guests a signature touch and taste of Mexico upon arrival.
Throughout the three-day extravaganza, the beach festivities continue with various guest activities and gourmet experiences, including:
- Beach yoga and family yoga taught by Ana Paula Dominguez, one of the most recognized yogis in Mexico and an Adidas Ambassador, at Arecas Pool
- Surfing clinics for beginners by leading Mexican stand up paddle professional Javier Alvarez, as well as surfing outings to the best waves in the bay for more advanced surfers
- Stand up paddle clinics taught by one of the U.S.’s most recognized surfers, Scott Chandler
- Mini Triathlon including sea swim, beach race, and SUP for beginners
- For a great workout, SUP Bala Tula – a fusion of yoga, Pilates, Budokon, body weight conditioning, and stand-up paddle boarding – with Jessica Cichra at Sea Breeze Beach
- 5 kilometer stand-up paddle race departing from the Sea Breeze Beach Club
- Marine Safari to Marietas Islands with acclaimed expedition artist and Senior Program Officer for the National Geographic Society/Waitt Grants Program, Fabio Esteban Amador. The activity includes snorkeling and stand up paddle offered by Punta Mita Expeditions.
- Sandcastle championship for kids
- Volleyball tournaments at Sea Breeze Beach
- Cooking lessons with celebrity Chef Diane DiMeo at Arecas Yoga Deck
After a morning of surfing and stand up paddle on Friday, guests will be treated to a fresh and delicious awards lunch prepared by special guest Chef Olivier Debois, who will offer a selection of fresh seafood at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort’s famed Mita Mary Boat Bistro on Sea Breeze Beach alongside Cerveza Bocanegra and Patrón Margaritas. That evening, guests are invited to experience the iconic St. Regis Champagne Ritual in the Altamira Lobby, followed by a spectacular Wixarika or “Children of the Sun” Supper at the resort’s signature Carolina Restaurant. For dinner, guests will enjoy a pairing of traditional Mexican ingredients expertly prepared using Chef José Meza’s contemporary techniques. To conclude the eventful day, the resort will host a beach bonfire where guests can enjoy Patrón Tequila and Montelobos Mezcal under the stars to the sounds and rhythms of DJ Mau.
On Saturday, travel to France with Thierry Blouet, guest chef and owner of Café des Artistes in Puerto Vallarta, who will prepare exquisite French Mexican cuisine for lunch at the Mita Mary Boat Bistro. The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort will host a Closing Dinner at Sea Breeze Beach that evening by Executive Chef Gabriel Kolofon accompanied by beachfront music from local reggae group, Los Locos Mezcales. Prior to departure on Sunday, guests are invited to seize the morning with a Farewell Brunch at Sea Breeze Beach and a final dip in the Pacific Ocean – until next time!
The third annual Punta Mita Beach Festival at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort includes three nights’ accommodations, your choice of any of the scheduled activities and events, as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner, including non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. Rates for the Punta Mita Beach Festival package begin at $1,290 USD in a Deluxe Garden View Room plus 19 percent tax and a 10 percent service charge per person. Reservations can be made by calling 877-250-8871 or by via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.