Guests staying at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation for The Masters will not only see one of golf’s most famous tournaments in action, they’ll also be the first to preview the resort’s newly renovated guest rooms, as well as enjoy golf course upgrades, new dining venues and Masters-inspired spa treatments.
A Georgia tradition for nearly 80 years, The Masters Tournament is set for April 8 – 14 at the nearby Augusta National Golf Club. After a long day at the tournament, guests can return to The Ritz-Carlton Lodge and unwind in one of 251 redone rooms and suites, each evoking a fresh design scheme which captures the region’s deep Southern roots and abundant natural beauty, with a vibrant color palette and elements of classic Southern design, such as antique style furnishings, rich pecan woods and custom hand embroidered fabrics.
Other new offerings to debut in time for The Masters:
– A newly renovated and reconfigured Georgia’s Bistro featuring new leather banquette seating, a rustic gnarled wood table, new chairs and oxidized copper tabletops as well as new lighting fixtures, floor coverings and artwork. The “new” Georgia’s Bistro will continue to feature Southern-inspired menus highlighted by regional, farm-to-table seasonal fare with additions from the herb garden.
– A new coffee shop complete with pastries, ice cream, candy and cold beverages – along with a full assortment of Starbucks signature coffee beverages.
– Reynolds Plantation has welcomed back noted course architect Bob Cupp to revisit his original masterpiece, The Landing, together with former Augusta National golf course superintendent Billy Fuller. Under their watchful eyes, The Landing is undergoing a renovation that includes hole redesign, new bunkering, the expansion of tee boxes and a new set of forward tees, as well as work on the cart paths and buildings. Moreover, much of Cupp’s original atmosphere is being recaptured with the planting of peripheral ornamental grasses that evoke a “heath land” feel while adding shape and challenges to many holes. The Landing is scheduled to re-open in April.
A rejuvenating array of Masters-themed Spa Treatments offered throughout March and April, include:
– The Green Jacket Body Glow – A warm, relaxing Vichy shower treatment highlighted by skin polishing with a nutrient rich scrub smelling of sweet, fresh green grass. A cilantro and lime infused oil is applied for a sparkling finish.
– Par Three Arnica and Warm Towel Massage – Soothing and healing arnica oil is applied to relieve soreness and help with bruising. This treatment starts with a massage using warm arnica oil. Next a therapist applies hot towels infused with more arnica oil to deliver a feeling of total relaxation.
– A Glow in One – This infused cooling collagen facial soothes and hydrates sun-kissed and over-exposed skin. It firms and plumps – utilizing the purest products to treat and nourish the skin. A specialized serum is applied along with a rich collagen veil that continues to infuse nutrients deep into the skin.
– Practice Round Pedicure – After a long day at the Masters, this treatment rejuvenates and relaxes feet with a soothing cucumber scrub and mint mask while wrapped in warm steam towels.