30 June – 7 July 2017
Mayfair’s galleries and auction houses open their doors for Brown’s London Art Weekend, a unique celebration of the world’s greatest art market destination.
Brown’s Hotel, on Albemarle Street, will be the base for the London Art Weekend, offering themed tours and a sumptuous Hix and the Artists all day menu, created by Mark Hix in collaboration with Young British Artists. Experience the unrivaled quality and diversity of the world’s greatest art market destination as 100 Mayfair and St.James’s galleries and auction houses open their doors to the public for this exciting event. With free talks, walks, and 100 exhibitions to see, the Brown’s London Art Weekend offers a unique opportunity for art lovers to explore the capital’s greatest private galleries.
Please click here to see a video of last year’s event and to see what it is all about!
Brown’s Hotel is also offering an exclusive VIP experience for a select number of guests. Included will be:
- Welcome reception and dinner hosted by Brown’s and leading gallery owners, curators and art experts.
- VIP participation in Brown’s London Art Weekend programme including lectures and curator led visits to cutting-edge Mayfair and St James’s galleries finishing with lunch at Brown’s celebrated restaurant, HIX Mayfair.
- Private visits to White Cube and Victoria Miro galleries.
- A private tour and champagne reception at Spencer House, the ancestral home of the late Diana Princess of Wales and the only great 18th century private palace to have survived in London. Completely restored in the 1980s by Lord Rothschild, the house is adorned with exceptional art including many paintings on loan from the Royal Collection.
- Private visits to the studios of celebrated artists.
- Private visits to the homes of important private collectors.
- Behind the scenes visit to Christie’s, including lunch in the Boardroom hosted by a director.
- Private visit to the Hannah Peschar Sculpture Gallery, England’s most beautiful sculpture garden, including lunch hosted by Hannah Peschar and Anthony Paul.
- An evening at the celebrated Holland Park Opera Festival featuring Aida and an al fresco supper.